A Family Tradition Since 1963
Vrdolyak Law Group, LLC
Family Owned and Operated Since 1963

Southside (773) - 731 - 3311
City (312) - 482 - 8200
South Suburbs (708) - 429 - 2332

Mowimy po polsku * Se habla Español
61-year-old ironworker injured back and shoulder lifting; no surgery; after trial commission awarded permanent total disability to receive workers compensation benefits for the rest of his life.     49-year-old hospital aid injured shoulder carrying surgical equipment; surgery denied by employer; after trial commission ordered respondent to authorize and pay for necessary surgery for the shoulder and pay all workers compensation benefits while petitioner off work.     50-year-old police officer injured knee tripping over parking lot abutment; employer denied claim refused to pay for surgery or workers comp benefits; after trial commission ordered employer to pay for necessary surgery and pay all workers compensation benefits.     If you or a loved one have been injured through the negligence of another, call Vrdolyak Law Group, LLC. today to get the money and results you deserve. Call (773) 731-3313.          

What To Do in Case of Medical Malpractice

If you or a family member have incurred needless pain, suffering or additional injury as the result of carelessness or mistakes at the hands of a doctor, hospital, or other medical institution, then you may have a case for malpractice. Malpractice cases can be very complicated and tough to prove. Make sure you don’t add to the complication by making mistakes early on.

The best advice we can give you regarding Medical Malpractice is this - if you suspect that you or a family member have suffered as a result of insufficient, improper medical or psychological treatment, then contact a qualified, licensed attorney with experience in malpractice cases immediately.

What to do in case of Medical Malpractice:

  1. Seek legal advice as soon as you suspect you or a family member might be the victim of medical malpractice.
  2. If death resulted from the suspected medical malpractice, request that an autopsy be done either by the Coroner's office or by an outside pathologist.
  3. Insist on certified copies of all medical records - including charges.
  4. Write a diary or ledger with notations on everything the doctor, medical facility, and staff told you or instructed you to do.
  5. Keep an accurate chronological record of when you first sought treatment, the names of any specialists you were referred to, outpatient care, etc.
  6. Seek a second opinion from a qualified doctor, but do not share your suspicions of malpractice with the second doctor.
  7. Cease receiving care from the source that you suspect might be committing the malpractice against you, unless that provider is in the midst of a complex treatment and it would be inappropriate or detrimental to make an immediate change.
  8. Seek the advice and representation of an attorney who concentrates his/her practice in the area of medical malpractice, as very few attorneys are competent to handle these cases. 

What not to do in case of Medical Malpractice:

  1. Don't attempt to confront the doctor(s), medical staff, lawyers for the medical facility, or anyone else regarding your suspicions until you've spoken with your attorney.
  2. Don't sign anything, waive any rights, or admit to any responsibility.
  3. Don't discuss your suspicions with any other person outside of your immediate family and your attorney.
  4. Don't continue to receive treatment from doctors or medical institutions that you suspect are perpetrating malpractice against you.
  5. Don't tell medical personnel that you need medical records to bring to an attorney. Instead, tell them that you need the records for insurance purposes, social security purposes, or in order to receive treatment for a different medical condition.

Rosemary lost her leg due to the negligence of the doctor and nurses - a real case.

Rosemary fell down and broke her leg. The medical staff did not give her proper medical care. Read More.


Vrdolyak Law Group, LLC offers reduced rates for police, military and fire.

Daniel's father took his own life after the hospital turned him away. His family recovered half-a-million dollars.

After Daniel's mom passed away, his dad suffered from severe depression. When his dad went to the hospital for help, they let him go and told him to call a psychiatrist. The next day, Daniel's dad took his own life. The hospital refused to offer any money so Vrdolyak Law Group took the case to trial and recovered $500,000.

Read More.


Vrdolyak Law Group, LLC offers reduced rates for police, military and fire.

Mary's elderly mother died due to hospital negligence. Other law groups claimed the case wasn't worth pursuing, but Vrdolyak Law Group proved otherwise.

Mary's mother died due to a hospital's negligence. Vrdolyak Law Group forced the hospital to pay a large sum of money and gave her family peace of mind.
Read More.


Vrdolyak Law Group, LLC offers reduced rates for police, military and fire.

Recent Verdicts Concerning Johnson's Baby Powder

Vrdolyak cares deeply about the safety of our clients. Click here to find out more about the connection between baby powder and ovarian cancer.

Vrdolyak Can Help You Get the Social Security Disability Benefits You Deserve

Have you or a loved one been denied by the Social Security Administration? Vrdolyak has helped hundreds of people obtain disability benefits they deserve. Click for more information.

Vrdolyak Law Group Proudly Supports USA CARES

Vrdolyak teams up with USA CARES to support our military families. Read about how Vrdolyak contributes to our community.

Vrdolyak Law Group Offers Reduced Fees for Police, Firefighters, and Military Veterans

We value the contribution of our police, firefighters and military. Ask us about reduced fees if you've served our community or our country.